We are delighted to announce a new online event series, Parlour Lab, which brings research discussions in architecture and the built environment to the wider professional community.
Parlour Lab is presented in collaboration with Parlour, and The University of Queensland‘s School of Architecture. The aim is to bridge the gap between practice and research, to provide a platform for researchers to speak to new audiences and an opportunity for the world of practice to engage with research.
Sessions held Monday lunchtimes
Watch Kali and Macarena chat about the idea here and get in touch if you would like to be a part of this series and share your research.
Parlour Lab sessions
- Lab_01 Women in Architecture: Archives, Data, Visibility. Guest researchers, Julie Collins and Gill Matthewson: what they do, why it is relevant and how they do it. Held Mon 12 Oct 2020, watch here.
- Lab_02 Architecture on Indigenous Lands: Thinking Indigeneity, tangata whenua, whare whenua. Carroll Go-Sam and Deidre Brown present and discuss their research. Held Mon 16 Nov 2020, watch here.
- Lab_03 Interdisciplinary Collaboration: Indonesia, Fiji and the Gold Coast. Michaela Prescott and Heather Shearer discuss their research in conversation. Held Mon 7 Dec 2020, watch here.
- Lab_04 Architecture for Joy / Joy for Architecture. Rebecca McLaughlan and Naomi Stead discuss their research into architecture and wellbeing. Held 13 April 2020, watch here.
- Lab_05 Designing with Technology. Robotics and Computational Design, with Müge Belek Fialho Teixeira and Nicole Gardner. Held 19 April 2020, watch here.