Fabrications is the refereed journal of the Society of Architectural Historians, Australia and New Zealand (SAHANZ). Established in 1989, it is devoted to scholarly publication in the field of architectural history. The journal’s contents reflect the wide interests of the Society’s diverse membership. It publishes papers on a wide range of themes, but especially on the architectural, urban and landscape history of Australia, New Zealand, the South Pacific and South-East Asia. The journal is published for the Society by Taylor & Francis, with each annual volume containing three issues. Special issues may be referred to the publisher’s Special Issues as Books programme following publication.
The Society invites proposals for a special, guest-edited issue of its journal, Fabrications, to be published in January 2022 (volume 32, no. 1). The guest editor(s) will work to realise the special issue in collaboration with the journal’s appointed editors, Mirjana Lozanovska and Cameron Logan, and in consultation with the Society’s Editorial Board.
For further information on Fabrications and to review past issues, see the Taylor and Francis website.
Timelines for the issue will be as follows:
- Call for papers advertised – April 2021
- Papers due – 1st August 2021
- Reviews concluded – 20th August 2021
- Guest Editors to hand over final papers for editing and production – 30th October 2021
Proposals should include:
- Theme title and editor(s)
- Brief CV of the editor(s)
- Draft call for papers (maximum 400 words)
- If relevant, information about any event around which the proposal may be organised
- If relevant, the names and/or themes of any specific contributions the editor(s) anticipate(s) including in the issue
Deadline for submissions is 19th March 2021. Proposals will be considered by the SAHANZ Editorial Board.
Please direct submissions and enquiries to Paul Walker, email@example.com.